I'm a bit rusty now on blogging about my personal life, so you will have to bear with me, please! Hopefully I haven't lost all of my readers to the reviews I've had to do. I didn't intend to let those take over my blog, but they happened to come at such a busy time...oh well...enough about that!
As I did last year, I wanted to post my goals for the upcoming year. I suppose I should first update you on how I fared with the goals for 2008. Let's see...
1. Daily Bible study with prayer journal
**I have had a fairly consistent quiet time this year and I've seen such a difference in myself because of it. Didn't keep up with the journal, though.
2. Get up earlier than my girlie so I can actually complete goal #1
**Uh...well...you see...um...yeah, we'll try that again this year.
3. Reach out to my *new* neighbors once we move
**Haven't done a great job of this yet, but I'm working on it.
4. Begin a more structured homeschool schedule (later in the year)
**Yes! Finally a goal I accomplished completely!
5. Craft MORE! And sell more homemade goods in my Ella Bella Bowtique
**It's not fair that because of my #4 goal, I've had much less time to work on this goal!
6. I hope to be a more consistent blogger. Now that I have a laptop (thanks to DH!), I will hopefully be able to follow through on this one!
**Well, you know how that one went!
Since I don't want to dwell too much on the past, I will now focus on the future. Here are my goals for 2009:
1. Make God the priority of each day. It's a bit broad, but it truly encompasses what I want to accomplish this year.
2. Less of me and more of the Holy Spirit. That may sound a lot like the first goal, but I have had some really cool experiences with the Spirit this year and I want to allow Him to keep showing me His power. It would be awesome if it became a daily thing!
3(a). Reach out to other adults. I have felt a bit isolated this year as I've taken on the title of homeschool teacher. I am going to make a better effort of being a better friend to the ones I have and making new friends.
3(b). Give my daughter more time with other children.
4. Less idle time = more time spent being productive. This means not sitting at the laptop for a few hours after school is over each day (even if I am researching school-related subjects!). It hopefully means more sewing, crafting, guitar practicing, photographing, etc. It also leads straight into #5.
5. Get moving! I have let exercise slide because I've been busy with school. But, I realize that my immobility hinders Ella from getting enough exercise and we both need it. Along with this, I plan to get back to a healthier diet.
6. Try to get on a regular sleep/wake schedule. If I can wake up a bit earlier (don't laugh!), Ella and I can get showers before starting school each day. This would be a BIG boost to get my day going. Right now, it's after lunch before we're motivated to get cleaned up, then it just gets to be too late in the afternoon to do anything else (see #4)!
That's all I can think of tonight. It's late now, so I'd better get to bed and start gearing up for #6! I'd love to hear what everyone else wants to accomplish in 2009. I'm praying God's favor on all of you in the new year! :)