Since I completely skipped blogging about Christmas, I thought I'd post a bit about the new year, but I will be sure to post some Christmas pics later in the week (plus some new pics of the house!). I quit making resolutions a long time ago, but instead just set some goals for myself for the new year. That way, I can continue to work towards a goal, even after my "resolve" is long gone. So far, I've come up with a few, but the list will probably grow over the next couple of days.
Goals for 2008 (wow - 2008!!)
1. Daily Bible study with prayer journal
2. Get up earlier than my girlie so I can actually complete goal #1
3. Reach out to my *new* neighbors once we move
4. Begin a more structured homeschool schedule (later in the year)
5. Craft MORE! And sell more homemade goods in my Ella Bella Bowtique
6. I hope to be a more consistent blogger. Now that I have a laptop (thanks to DH!), I will hopefully be able to follow through on this one!
Now that you know my goals for the year, please let me know about yours!
Moving on...I was "tagged" about a week ago by my friend Sheree. I'm supposed to tell you 5 things about myself that most people don't know. Here goes:
1. I am afraid of clowns. Irrational, I know, but it's a very real fear for me. There are a few clowns I can handle, but for the most part, I go running when one is spotted! I have tried to bring myself to take Ella to the circus, but I always chicken out at the last minute. There. It's out. I feel much better.
2. I'm a bit of a pack rat. I have a hard time parting with things that have even a remote bit of sentimental value. I am working on this and will have to bring myself to throw out things I don't want to when we move (I'm dreading it!).
3. I'm pretty competitive. Not athletic...just competitive! I just love a good Scrabble throw down! My first round of golf wasn't pretty - and that was me competing against myself. Enough said.
4. I like change and actually welcome it (DH hates it!). This is probably why I went to 2 different high schools and 3 different colleges (all by choice). I can't stand to have the same hair cut for too long (6 months is too long), but I try to pick cuts that can be styled several different ways.
5. I snore.
OK, there you have it. 5 things I'm sure you really wanted to find out about me. Penny, since you're the only other person I know who reads this blog, you're now tagged.
Happy New Year, everyone! Here's to a year full of love, laughter and joy that comes only from the Lord. :)