January 11, 2008

I love a good challenge


Like I need to add anything else to my plate, but being that I love to challenge myself (apparently), I'm signing up for Creative Everyday 2008. Maybe some of you will join me in this quest to do something creative every single day this year. I already do this on a regular basis, but some days I just need a bit of motivation to get the juices flowing. Thankfully, there are so many ways to be creative! So, even though I just found out about this challenge, I have something to post about today. This afternoon, Ella was wanting to play and I was just not feeling it (don't hate me if I admit that this is how I feel most days), so we decided to make something instead. She knows I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. I had been wanting to make a homemade doll house with her for a while, so we took this opportunity to drag a bunch of supplies such as old shoeboxes, wrapping paper, pipe cleaners, stickers, construction paper, packing materials (Styrofoam, cardboard inserts, etc.), and finally begin this great project. We only finished one room, but we had so much fun! I love seeing how her mind works and watching her problem-solve. She came up with the lighting fixture all on her own. I'll have to take a picture of the room tomorrow so you can see what we created.

I probably won't post about my creative pursuits every day, but I will keep up with them and try to post what I've done at least weekly.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Good luck! It's tricky to fit it all in sometimes.