January 31, 2008

GAH! Sick again!

The whole household's been sick, I'm afraid. DH started it about 2 weeks ago, right before he went out of town for 5 days. Then, as I said, I had strep throat for which I'll finish up antibiotics tomorrow. DH was better when he returned home from his trip last Monday, but yesterday, he came home early with fever, sore throat and headache. At about the same time, Ella started in with a cough and runny nose. Now, my throat's hurting AGAIN. Ugh! I hate this time of year. Bad timing to be sick, too, with all we have to do. I was planning to have a garage sale this Saturday, but we haven't felt up to getting ready for it. We'll have to shoot for next weekend. I think we don't have many weekends left until we'll be moving into the house.

The good news is that I did get most of my list from last Saturday accomplished. I cleaned most of the day, while DH fixed the toilet, spot-painted the master bathroom, and pried open the fireplace doors that had rusted from non-use. Ella was surprisingly good at entertaining herself by pretending we were all in a plane going to Mexico. She "fixed" the tv so that pilot would know where we were going and she served up some wonderful food while singing to the passengers. We did go by the house that day and DH went out to pick up Ella's favorite fast food then we played her favorite game. All in all, it was a pretty good, but exhausting day.

If only I could feel like I was "done". Alas, there is still so much left to do. Time keeps on rolling along, though, and as I mentioned, we will be in the house before we know it. I went by today to find that the spa had been delivered, the walls completely ready for paint, the deck almost finished, and a tub in the guest bathroom! Here are a few camera phone pics that I have not edited, so I'm sorry if they're a bit lousy:








Ok, that's it for now. Good night!

No comments: