February 5, 2008

Comfy cat, catchy colors, & chicken pox


Somehow, we've adopted a couple of our neighbor's cats that love to sneak into our backyard most afternoons. I've caught this guy snoozing in the same spot several days in a row. I just love this picture.

We have color!! In our new house, that is. Here's a little preview:

DH's weight room area of the garage (*rolls eyes* Go Gators)

Laundry Room

Kitchen (green), looking into the hallway (dark taupe)

Family Room (bottom of chair rail will be darker brown)

Master Bedroom (shown by my mama and Ella)

Guest Bedroom (looks a bit yellow here, but it's actually light green)

Ella's Room (she's so proud!)

The deck - almost finished!!


One more thing I wanted to share before I pass out from exhaustion (is it really midnight already?!). Last night, I made pork chops for the first time in a while. They turned out really well. All I did was rub them with some chili powder, salt and pepper, then cooked them with a little olive oil in a skillet for about 30 minutes. Brown rice, steamed veggies, and salad accompanied the chops. I fully expected Ella to ask for something else to eat. She's actually a good vegetable-eater, but I just knew she'd reject the pork chops. To my surprise, she ate the whole meal and loved it, saying that she'd like to "order" it every day to eat (great..what am I? A short-order cook? LOL!). So, tonight she knew she was going to have leftovers. When I started getting dinner ready, she said, "Mommy, are you making me some more of those chicken pox?" Hahahaha!! We laughed so hard. I don't even know where she's heard about chicken pox! So cute! :)



1 comment:

Penny said...

Yum yum chicky pox!
The house is looking good! I love your deck. I would really like to put one on our house. I also really like the colour of your family room.