January 22, 2010

Hurting for Haiti

Yes, I know it's been a while since my last post! I do apologize, as always, for taking so long to get back here. Life has been busy with many ups and downs over the last few months. Some things I would like to talk about here, but I'm not going to make any promises that I can't keep. :)

Right now, though, my heart is just crushed over the devastation in Haiti. At times, I have had to turn it off to get away...but then, I think that the people in Haiti can't turn it off and make it go away. This is their new life. Things will never be the same there. I want to be able to help them in a tangible way. If I felt God's call to go there right now, I would in a heartbeat. But, He hasn't asked that of me just yet. What He has called me to do is pray. And, that is no small task. I know of no more important thing that we can do than to daily, hourly, or sometimes by the minute, take Haiti before the throne of Almighty God and plead His mercy for them. It seems IMPOSSIBLE to get supplies to each person in need, but for Him nothing is impossible. He fed a crowd of 5,000 with just a few loaves of bread and some fish and there were baskets full of leftovers. I know He can handle the rubble in the roads, the looters, and the high price of fuel, which are just some of the obstacles that our human eyes can see. So, I am calling on the Christian community to give, yes...to serve, yes...but also to PRAY.

I do want to do something else. My brother & I sing together (calling ourselves "One Accord") and we recorded a CD back in 2005. We have marked the price of the CDs down to $5 and we will donate 50% of the sale of each CD to an orphanage in Haiti called God's Littlest Angels. I have been following the blog of this orphanage since the earthquake and I have been amazed at the resilience of the workers and children housed there. God has pricked my heart for orphans and I pray He will do the same for you. Please check out the blog for God's Littlest Angels, then stop by my One Accord site to get a CD that will hopefully encourage you and help these children at the same time.

These are the things I can do. What will you do to help?

1 comment:

The Aspiring Guitarist said...

Haiti was indeed tragic,,,words cannot the pain felt by them