October 2, 2009

Molly's Money-Saving Digest Nov. 2009 (Review)


I was given the chance to review another one of Molly's Money-Saving Digests, and I jumped on it! I love her frugal advice. The upcoming November issue is all about family photography, so get out your cameras!

I love to take pictures of my daughter. She has inspired me to learn more about photography and for a little while, I had dreams of doing that for a living. Of course, homeschooling has taken precedence for now, but I still enjoy learning new tricks of the trade! I need all the help I can get, especially when it comes to what to *do* with all these digital photos I have on my computer!! If you enjoy taking pictures of your family, but need some inspiration that won't break the bank, this issue is for you.

If you enjoy scrapbooking, you will appreciate the article on the subject that shows you how to save money while preserving precious memories. I have dabbled in making scrapbooks and have even made a few digital pages, but all too often, I leave all those great pictures on the computer without even developing them! This article will not only give you pointers on making scrapbooks, but it will also help you to get organized and start printing out all those great shots you got of your daughter's first soccer game (oops...sorry - I was talking to myself there, lol!).

Since I have not printed many of my digital pictures, I have not added any new framed pictures to our walls in quite a while. But, now that I have read the article by Aubrey Lively, entitled "A Room with a View", I have been officially motivated! She gives instructions for a very creative project that involves one of those room divider frames and a poster-sized print. You'll have to get Molly's Digest to find out what happened when she put those two things together! :)

There are some wonderful tips on how to take better pictures of your family in the article by Becky Emerick. She will help you figure out the "who, what, when, where, why, and how of taking pictures of your own kids". Above all, she advises you to get out there & practice! Make sure to take your camera with you wherever you go (I need to heed that advice!) and take pictures that truly show the personalities of your children (through what they're wearing and the activity in which they are participating). I am going to be referencing this article a lot during the upcoming holiday season.

As always, Molly leaves you with plenty of links to follow so you can continue learning about how to take better pictures, store them more efficiently, and print them out without spending a chunck of money. Included in this issue are articles on couponing, remembering to keep the joy in the joyful season ahead, and turning something old into something new. You will also find several recipes that will keep your slow-cooker running full-force this Fall! Please stop by The Old Schoolhouse Store to get your copy of Molly's Money-Saving Digest for just $4.95.

No comments: