March 20, 2008

Beep! Beep!

We have a driveway!! I know, I know, it's huge! But, we are in a cul-de-sac where 4 lots are squished together at the street, so parking will be an issue when we have people over. Oh, and less grass to mow for Paul (and he dreams of putting up a basketball "court" there on the corner. Dream on, baby). We found out today that the landscaper has some St. Augustine sod from another job that fell through. He asked if we would take it off his hands for no extra charge (we originally ordered centipede because it's so much cheaper). Well, duh! Of course we will! The sod should hopefully be put down tomorrow. We will have some miniature azaleas in the bed on the left corner of the house with a crepe myrtle on the end. After spending all day yesterday searching for a tree, I finally decided on and bought a Cleveland Pear tree today to go in the middle of the front "yard".

I'm a bit frustrated with the guy who sold us our spa. He's causing some issues, but we're dealing with it and I hope that he doesn't delay the inspections. Other than that, it appears that things will be finished next week. I hate to keep putting dates out there because they keep changing.

We had a showing today! I had to rush home from the picnic/egg hunt we had with our friends today to clean up. I had been letting things go a bit lately, so there was a good bit to do. I only had about 2 & 1/2 hours to make things spotless and shiny and I pretty much killed myself to get it done. I sure hope these people liked the house. I can't wait til we've moved out so I don't have to keep frantically cleaning up for these spontaneous showings! It all seems just pointless when people don't even throw out an offer. Please pray that we'll get an offer soon!!

Other than the cleaning part, we had such a fun day. This morning, we went to the library for a performance of "The Notorious Jumping Frog of Calaveras County", by Mark Twain. It was really cute. The acting troupe consisted of just 2 people and the show included some singing and a lot of humor. Ella really got a kick out of it. After the show, we headed to the park for our picnic and our own private egg hunt. Here are a few of my favorite shots from our outing today:

Sorry my entries have been short on writing these days. I hope that once we've settled into the new house, I'll have a bit more time on my hands. I do have a lot to write about (other than the new house), I promise!

2 comments:

Penny said...

Oh that tree will look pretty in spring and autumn, and give some lovely shade other times.

Lori said...

I've been to Calaveras County and even had a picture with that infamous frog!! How fun! The house is gorgeous and you'll LOVE the tree!! Can't wait for you to get in and crossing fingers the showing went well!