Instead of letting anxious thoughts consume me, I am trying to dwell on the positive and be thankful. I love how the New Living Bible states this verse: "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." ~ Philippians 4:6
So, I am counting my blessings today.
For these things and many more, I am truly thankful:
- A new traffic light on my route to school that helps to get me there on time, even when I run late.
- The cool air that wafts into my bathroom in the mornings, preventing me from starting the day off sweaty and grouchy.
- Listening to the birds sing their songs from my beautiful, wooded backyard.
- The new hair "stapler" (as Ella calls it) I got for my birthday that makes my hair smooth and soft and much easier to handle.
- Ella's math test last week, on which she made a B+!
- The great progress we can see that she is making, despite the grades she brings home.
- That my daughter loves school and wants to go, even when it's hard.
- A teacher and principal who are doing their best to help my child.
- The Word of God that is being planted into Ella's heart at school, home, and church.
- The lessons of endurance and dependence on God that my daughter is learning through her circumstances.
- Cracker Barrel's yummy breakfast and the chance to eat it with 3 great friends over the past 2 weeks.
- Having my family all in one city. I know this is such a blessing and I pray I don't ever take it for granted. The fact that I get to work with members of my family is icing on the cake (most of the time, lol!).
- A special afternoon with my special girl yesterday - shopping, Frostys, and singing "Don't Stop Believin'" at the top of our lungs!
What are you thankful for on this October morning?