October 21, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Things have been difficult for my daughter at school lately.  As a result, my heart has hurt and stressed and worried much more than it should.  I know I can lay these burdens down at the foot of the cross.  I know that the God Who has carried me will carry her.  I know that she is where she needs to be. 

Instead of letting anxious thoughts consume me, I am trying to dwell on the positive and be thankful.  I love how the New Living Bible states this verse:  "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." ~ Philippians 4:6


So, I am counting my blessings today.  
 
For these things and many more, I am truly thankful: 

  • A new traffic light on my route to school that helps to get me there on time, even when I run late.
  • The cool air that wafts into my bathroom in the mornings, preventing me from starting the day off sweaty and grouchy.
  • Listening to the birds sing their songs from my beautiful, wooded backyard.
  • The new hair "stapler" (as Ella calls it) I got for my birthday that makes my hair smooth and soft and much easier to handle. 
  • Ella's math test last week, on which she made a B+!
  • The great progress we can see that she is making, despite the grades she brings home.
  • That my daughter loves school and wants to go, even when it's hard.
  • A teacher and principal who are doing their best to help my child.
  • The Word of God that is being planted into Ella's heart at school, home, and church.
  • The lessons of endurance and dependence on God that my daughter is learning through her circumstances.
  • Cracker Barrel's yummy breakfast and the chance to eat it with 3 great friends over the past 2 weeks. 
  • Having my family all in one city.  I know this is such a blessing and I pray I don't ever take it for granted.  The fact that I get to work with members of my family is icing on the cake (most of the time, lol!).
  • A special afternoon with my special girl yesterday - shopping, Frostys, and singing "Don't Stop Believin'" at the top of our lungs! 

What are you thankful for on this October morning? 

No comments: