August 17, 2008

School Starts Tomorrow (er, Today)!

I really thought I posted this last night!! Oh well, here's the post I meant to put up yesterday about today!

I am finally taking the plunge and just going for it! Some of my friends have already started or will be starting this week (along with public schools here), so it's a good time to begin. I also think that with the Olympics on right now, there is a lot I can tie into school! This weekend, I really poured over my curriculum and books and I'm so excited about my plans. I definitely have a strong "teacher gene" and when I get in the groove of planning, there's no stopping me! In fact, I was up til 1 AM the other night, just going to town. Since I'm doing the unit studies with Five in a Row, I want to be able to fit my Bible, applied math, and phonics together with the units. Actually, what I've done is take the unit from ABC, I Believe and have woven it throughout my math and language arts plans (along with some science). It's so cool to see it all come together! We will begin our Five in a Row with The Story About Ping, by Marjorie Flack. On Friday, I will give you a run-down of our week and, of course, will have some pictures to share.

On top of starting school, Ella will also start back to Mother's Day Out, along with ballet on Tuesdays. That will be our day off of school. I'm hoping it won't be too much of a disruption to our week. Then, she goes back to Awana's on Wed. night and will be promoted to her new Sunday school class on Sunday. Whew! It will definitely be busy and hectic and crazy, but that's our life! Oh, and I also plan to make our afternoons more physically active, so we'll be finding some fun ways to do that as well. Keep me in your prayers, please! :)

I'm so sorry I haven't written my review of The Shack yet. I know some of you have been anxiously awaiting it, but as you can see, I've been tied up lately! I do still plan to post it eventually, but for now, I will leave you with this link (thank you, Angel!) that does make many of my points for me: A Reader's Review of The Shack.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Hello big school girl Ella!

Good luck Jenny :)