August 7, 2008

Feelin Crafty!


I started and completed a dress for Ella this week! She kept bugging me to finish it, but every time I started sewing again, she'd get upset I wasn't playing with her. Oh, to find that magic balance! I was finally able to get it done today and she was so exicted! She had to put it on right away and made plans to wear it for jammies tonight (though it's not a jammie dress, I reminded her). We checked it out in the big mirror in the bathroom and she turned around and gave me a big hug. Sweet success! :) Then, of course, we had to have a photo shoot. Now, she came up with every single pose on her own - I don't want you thinking I'm coaching her to be the next Paris Hilton! Here are a few of the best shots:








This is the bracelet she made to go with it. She came into my sewing room and started cutting up the scraps (or, "material", she would say) into little strips. She then found this piece of ladybug fabric I'd sewn up as a strap for something else. She cut a bit of it and went to get the stapler so she could put it all together. Pretty clever, eh? The cutest part was saying things like, "I think I need to cut it an inch. What do you think, Mommy? Don't talk to me while I'm working. I can't think if you're making noise, Mom." (Hmmm...where did she get that??)


Yes, I still intend to write about The Shack, but I just had to come by to post my newest creation. :)

3 comments:

Penny said...

Looks great! Love all those poses Ms Ella-Model. ;)

Mommy of 2 and 2 said...

What is it about girls posing for all their pics :) My daughter will frown if you do not let her come up with her own poses. You are quite crafty..I wish I hada bit of that in me :) Good luck with teaching...we will have to exchange ideas and info on how it is going!!

Lori said...

I LOVE the pose--"Friends, Romans, Countrymen..."

Your girl cracks me up and I love her comments!

Bravo on the dress. I'd say I was impressed, but I always am by you, so it would be redundant!

Love!