March 31, 2008

Greens and Things

We have a yard! From the outside, the house looks ready for us. The inside is a different story. We do finally have electricity, but the drywall spots have not all been repaired, so the painters haven't been able to come back yet, and of coure, the carpet can't be put down yet. Ugh. The waiting is killing me. What's worse is that we keep lining people up to help us move each upcoming weekend, then we have to tell them that it will be another week...then another...then another. I hope we still have help by the time the house is ready. We asked the builder if we should be able to move in this coming weekend and he assured us we will. Well, by the looks of things today, that ain't happening. No one had been there to work since Friday. When I got there at 3 pm, the plumbers had just arrived to work on the kitchen appliances. It annoys me that the builder doesn't seem to be using every available moment to finish up the house. I guess I'd rather have him do it right than do it in a hurry, but still. It's frustrating. In the meantime, I've nearly finished packing. Next up will be the deep cleaning. I'm definitely not in a hurry to get to that point!!

I'm still having some little health issues. The fever went away for about 2 weeks, but it has returned. I'm beginning to think that my body temperature has just gone up a bit with age. I don't know if that happens. The fever did accompany some other yuckiness this time, though. Yesterday morning, as I was getting ready for church, I had a bit of an upset stomach (which isn't out of the ordinary for me, thanks to IBS). Warning - TMI! I headed for the bathroom, when a rush of nausea came over me out of nowhere and I threw up twice. Mind you, I have not thrown up since high school, I think. I usually do everything I can not to, but I had no time. The worst part about it was that I was singing a solo in church yesterday morning. What a wonderful thing to happen before you have to get up in front of lots of people to sing your heart out to the Lord! It actually turned out to be a good thing because it totally took my focus off of my nerves and I had to completely rely on the Spirit to get me through. I had to sing it in 2 services and was just overwhelmed by how God worked through me, in spite of how I felt. He never ceases to amaze me with His goodness and grace. By the end of it all, I was thoroughly exhausted and still had to go back last night to direct children's choir. I was queasy on and off for the rest of the day and have felt better today, though still tired. I just don't know what's going on with me lately. Maybe stress is having a hayday with my health.

Here are a few pictures from Easter Sunday. It was such a good day. Ella really seems to be mulling around the ideas of who Jesus is, what happened to Him on the cross, and how He comes to live in our hearts. It may still be a while before she truly understands, but I love to see how He is working in her little life. We used the Resurrection Eggs with her and she remembered every detail when she retold the story to my family. Oh, how I pray that God will continue to draw her to Himself.


Angela Miller said...

What a cute family! I will pray for Ella and that God will continue to be at work in her heart. Isn't it great to see our kids responding to God?

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well! I hope you start feeling better very soon.

What a bummer with the house. I will pray that you will be able to move in very soon!

Mommy of 2&2 said...

Your daughter looks so precious with the hat and peeking through the tree. What a gem!!

sheree said...

Hate that things seem to be moving so slowly now. That was our experience also.

Hate that you are sick, AGAIN! Hopefully you are better by now. Bryan and Caleb had a stomach bug Easter weekend and following.

Neat how well kids respond to the Truth. Caleb could tell the story also. We didn't focus on the bunny; in fact, he only mentioned the Easter bunny bringing him something late Easter Sunday. The problem we had was, well, I'll tell you later.

I'm tired after a full day at home potty training and playing.